Img 5409 small

will you focus on freehold property only? or? so far my unit is leasehold.

SHARE THIS TOPIC

Screenshot 2015 11 02 16 23 24 small

depending on individual preferences. no good or bad buying properties under freehold or leasehold. So far we have not heard that the government take over the leased property from the landlord. if yes, the government will offer compensation based on market value except squatters

Small small

the most important is whether got restriction or not. In Saujana KLIA, the title is Leasehold but got no restriction. Meanwhile in some location like Putrajaya, Cyberjaya and Sendayan the title is freehold but come with restriction. Besides that, regardless it is freehold or leasehold, government can still acquired or property by the provision of Land Acquiring Act.

Img 5409 small

if the leasehold property expired already government can take back the land without compensation right?

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

@6011_3531_5354 

Based on the Land Acquiring Act, it appears so that the government have the right to use the land... should have some sort of compensation to the land owner.

My pic1 small

Freehold properties can fetch a higher price when you sell compared to leasehold.

I wonder if the stamp duty and legal fees are the same for leasehold and freehold. Any legal advisors here?

Img 5409 small

@domng stamp duty is same based on loan amount and property selling price

@6011_3531_5354 

@Nic. I think you are right... correct me if mistaken, I believe only Strata Title have an additional fees for MOT transfer from developer to owner(s) name. Which does not come cheap!

L  2c3e50 small

Agree to @z_izzian. Government has the rights to acquire the land even it is a Freehold one. I think it happened once before, but can't remember when or why tho.

@Ling 

If really so "unlucky" to have a property which the government wants so bad... on the other hand, can consider "lucky" also, if the compensation is the right amount.

Img 6323 small

Ling ~ im agree with what you said. I did heard from my boss before too! But i cant recall the where is it.

Actually not really important for me, i would say if you wanna sell the unit to earn profit, FREEHOLD of course have the advantages while leasehold tends to have lower capital appreciation. And the procedure of selling is much more easier and not as time consuming as leasehold.

If you are renting out to cover your mortgage, no any affect i would say. IF you are buying for own stay, not really big issue also. Unless you are thinking for your children future home, then of course freehold will be better.

@windzneom 

Agree with you on renting out to cover mortage and for own stay.

Do you have any information on Strata Vs Non-Strata titled property? Which is easier to process when we wanna sell?

For our children yes, I have seen leasehold 991 years, do you still think have the leasehold shortcomings compared to freehold?

Img 5409 small

@domng leasehold 991 years? where is it? 

Img 6323 small

domng I assume now government restrict strata title have to be release same time with VP. Ofcourse if you bought the property before government implement this policy, you still need few years to get the strata title. Process of selling still the same, You still can sell your property without strata title, but i would strongly suggest get the strata title before you sell, because the selling price might be different. WHY? 

Buyer tends to feel more secure and comfy when the seller already get strata title for the unit. Buyer also worry complicated procedure,so if everything settled, they will have lesser worries. So, You can hold the bargain power compared to unit without strata title. Bargain for a slightly better price compared to unit without strata title.

Img 6323 small

ya, i wondering where you saw a 991 years title too.

Mutiara Rini,  Johor have leasehold 991 years.  

Developed by Bousted, same developer for Mutiara Damansara. 

Img 6323 small

@domng thanks for your information shared.

Most common Leasehold tenures usually last 30, 60, 99 but in some cases, 999 years. Ofcourse Limitation and restriction is there by the state government. I had heard from legal consultant that normally if the tenure is 999 years, is that government think that that particular piece of land is not really a potential growing area. They might take it back anytime whenever the area are well growing. Ofcourse that there will be a compensation base on the Government Value Scale. However, There are cases where some land are not compensate too.

@windzneom 

Leasehold for 30 years only?

Can please share with everyone where for instance. Thanks

Img 6323 small

As I know, PJ certain area is 30 years tenure previously. You have to pay for the extension of the leasing tenure when it is expired ofcourse. However, for now, in KL,  mostly all 99 years leasehold.

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@6011_3531_5354 thanks for sharing