P  2c3e50 small

Advertisement? In newspaper? social media? Banner on-site? etc etc

SHARE THIS TOPIC

My photo 3 small

Seems that there is no best way for it but only do whatever possible.

Pic small

I would like to relate a bit from the technology part in property listing:

Trending seems to be changing with the evolution of technology, not sure you would agree with this or not... Back in the 1995 to 2002, the best way to reach out to potential buyers or tenants would be newspaper, you will notice that many would subscribe or buy a newspaper (be it, sin chew, china press, the star, or metro / bh) agents use to utilize that heavily to look for client.... 

and then iProperty.com comes into the picture somewhere in between, from 2005 on-wards internet had become a norm to most of the user though during that time we are still on a very slow so called broadband service, and.... iProperty.com and those online property portal seems to gain popularity especially for the younger generations that is IT savvy during that time, and many agent then subscribe to it and switch over the the technology super tool... whereby those more expensive property / bungalow / land they would still advertise on newspaper... then propertyguru.com.my comes into the picture follow by many many other portal.

from 2015 property portal tends to slow down a bit on its search despite they will still tell you they ranked number 1 and so on, but most of the time, it is agent who is surfing the site and some even worst hi-jack photo from the original poster and create a version of their own just to hi-jack the listing from others...

Facebook came into the picture where 2015 on-wards most of the agent would use Facebook to advertise their listing and ads, especially for those new project that is about to be launch or any pre-launch which require them to register so that when the product is ready for cheque collection or booking, they would be the first to know..

Since Facebook bought over Instagram, their advertisement space become broader whereby they not only can advertise in Facebook, whatever they prepare inside Facebook Business Manager, they can reach out to Instagram user too. Which is why until today Facebook revenue pull is still based on Advertisement. (and agent are happy about it, because they would be able to gain a huge contact database of interest from it) Unlike the normal property portal, which prohibits this.

Oh not to mentioned, nowadays the trend had moved to Mudah.my (Mudah.my is a MNC company which shareholder consists of SPH and Telenor) unlike iproperty.com or other property portal which require agent to pay a huge amount of subscription fee, Mudah.my is a portal which allowed agent to register for a Pro Niaga account from only RM50 and each time you advertise an Ads regards to property, it will deduct a certain credit (5 credit which is equivalent to RM5) for 60 days listing, this would ease up many agents from being financially burden from subscribing to other property portal (especially for those start up agent)

Owner on the other hand can also advertise in Mudah.my free of charge (subject to 1 property at 1 time with 1 unique email account + phone number) 

So Mudah.my became a portal whereby owner who wish to bypass agents, to advertise their listing (be it for sale or for lease) themselves on the page for free (of course if you have multiple unit, you are required to pay and subscribe to ProNiaga Account) 

Depending on the property value, for some lower rental range and cheaper selling range property, Mudah.my become a very popular hunting ground.

Well needless to say, if you are a SMART BUYER, you will take the effort to search thru all the portal and compare each and every info before you purchase, because at the end of the day, it is all about Forking Out the Least Amount of Money to get the Best Property for a purchaser.

Img 5409 small

for free one, advertise online. or get agent to help.

Signature 28 logo  custom  small

@6011_3531_5354 

Some agent i know of obtain my contact via mudah.my

Since it is free, nothing to lose posting there.

Jonathan de ho half body small

There is no definite answer on that. Always tell my agent to do whichever marketing you specialize with. There is a probe, "Doing sales without marketing is like winking a girl in the dark"

@jdh 

Can't agree with you more. Make full use of whatever you specialize in... No point asking a Fish to climb a tree or a Chicken to dive underwater.

Photo6127307985400211512 small

online advertisement are most effective right now

Jonathan de ho half body small

@cekalhartanah 

totally agree

In this day and age, cannot imagine flipping through the magazine or newspaper for the latest property listing. By the time I read it, it might be outdated information!

Img 20150821 183659 small

@rontts True ... 

Img 20160429 wa0156 copycrop small

Actively post all media's. Or work with local agents. They are mostly helpful to market along 

Own dp small

There are not to say best way or best method, Just see how well you organize yourself in doing the preparation or what kind of details you put in when you are mentioning the specific place and details, some are just too lazy and just use back the same photos and miss out the title, I just won't entertain all these people that put the wrong photos of the place and all. That just show how much time you willing to spend on advertising or marketing your specific Unit.

@JohnL 

Speaking of photos... Yes, agree that incorrect or outdated photos will cause a nuisance, and a bit misleading.

Img 5409 small

depends on wat type of property u want to sell. 

@6011_3531_5354 

Yes, for empty commercial shoplot... obviously the surrounding area and exterior photos will be more useful in promoting.

Own dp small

@6011_3531_5354 Yea, truly misleading, based on their property photos and description. Some you may know the place well and when they wrote in its studio but photos showing both studio and duplex unit, it is a really turned off for people to view to even consider to ask for a viewing.

@JohnL 

Agree with you. I personally believe the cover page of the advertisement should contain the most attractive photo of your property... so to attract more views to it.

First impression counts!

Photos which are the latest might not be the most attractive. Imagine uncollected rubbish, tall weeds, and graffiti all over your property

20150527 023646 1 small

Referals works too

@carmenfoong 

Yes agree with you.

Bear in mind, referrals most of the time involves paying commission or brokerage fee to the person who is referring.

20150527 023646 1 small

@domng.........that needless to say

If I am a tenant looking for property to rent.. 

Will consider engaging an experienced agent; since most if not all of the commission paid by the owner nowadays. 

Really have nothing to lose, and a lot to gain.

65648440 2406793556070448 9165628430648082432 o small

@ppnnkk2011 good sharing